Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chap 1: The Bond Of Brother and Sister

It’s the year 2001…September 10th, 11:51pm…to be exact.

Dear Diary,

A lot has been going on lately…with my brother and parents that is. He’s been going out more often than usual, which I guess is understandable considering he will be 20 next month. I don’t know, my brother and I used to be so close, but now with my parents telling him to go to college and to get a job…it’s just different. I don’t know where he goes at night…or who he’s with. I just want him home so I can hang with him more. I just wish my parents and him can get along. It just sometimes sucks living here in Jersey…I can’t go out and hang with my friends without being home before the streetlight comes on. It just sucks! But I gotta go now…I hear footsteps coming.

pce&luv K.Iero


“Kate?” came a male whisper.

I slowly lifted my head up towards the small ray of light coming from my door.

“What?” I whispered back.

“Can I come in?”

I slowly sat up and turned on my lamp that was on my bedside table. When I looked back towards the door, there stood a little over 5 foot young man in a black hoodie and jeans. It was my brother, Frank.

“Yeah, what’s going on?” I asked.

He slowly walked in and closed the door quietly behind him. He then walked over and sat on the edge of my bed. He looked like he was in a little bit of pain, but then again it was dim in my room.

“Mom and Dad are asleep?” he asked.

“Yeah…Frank…what’s going on with you?” I asked again.

He then slowly removed his hoodie to reveal a giant red mark on the side of his neck.

“What is that?” I asked somewhat loudly.

“Shhhh….will you?” he scolded.

“Sorry…” I said, quietly.

“I got a tattoo…” he answered, grimacing a little.

“A tattoo? Dad’s gonna kill you!” I whispered angrily.

“Well…can you not tell him?” he asked.

I nodded and got up.

“Where are you going?” he questioned.

I walked into the bathroom and came back into the bedroom.

“I’m gonna help stop the irritation.” I replied, slowly rubbing some cream onto his neck.

He grimaced in pain, but didn’t move. I finished applying the cream and went to wash my hands.

“Are you going to stay the night?” I asked, coming out of the bathroom. “Or are you going to…”

I stopped suddenly. Frank was passed out on the end of my bed. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I walked over and picked him up to put him under the covers of my bed. I then grabbed my extra pillow and comforter to place them on the ground. I sighed one last time before I shut off my lamp and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment