Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mama We All Go To Hell

I sat down on the couch and stared off into the distant world that laid in front of me. Momma Way was in the hospital...Gerard had lost all thoughts about engagement to Tina..and Mikey didn't know what to do. He came over and sat down next to me. I looked over to him and he laid his head on my shoulder. I kissed his head and he looked up with a puppy dog look. I smiled weakly to show some sort of comfort.

"Don't fake it." he whispered.

I looked at him confused. He smiled.

"I know you're trying to be strong for me and Gee."

I looked down as he raised my head.

"I appreciate it...I love you."

I smiled weakly and leaned my head back. Mikey sat up and looked at me.

"Lay down."

I looked at him and laid down onto his lap. He began to stroke my hair and I shut my eyes. How could he be so calm in a situation like this?

"Mike..."

Mikey turned his head to see Gerard in the doorway. Tina walked into the room and turned on the TV.

"Leave the girls to talk...I need to talk to you"

I looked up at Mikey and nodded as I sat up. He got up and joined Gerard in the kitchen. Tina looked at me. I smiled and she nodded.

"He asked me..."

"What?"

"To marry him..."

I looked at her with a big smile.

"And?"

"I said yes..."

"That's great, T!"

"I hope..."

I looked at her confused. What did she mean?

"Kate...Mikey wants to talk to you in the kitchen." said Gerard, walking into the room.

"Um...Oh...okay..."

I stood up and walked over to the kitchen...confused by the conversation I just had with Tina. Mikey stood leaning against the counter and looked up as I walked in. I went over and wrapped my arms around him. He smiled and held me. I looked up slowly at him.

"Kate....I have something important to tell you."

No comments:

Post a Comment