Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Promise

After everyone ate, I helped clean up the plates. Mrs. Way was very thankful of everything that I was helping her with. The guys then headed to Gerard's room to hang. Mikey went into the living room as Mrs. and Mr. Way went to their room to head to bed. I dried the final plate and walked into the living room. Mikey looked up at me and just smiled.

"So what do you want to watch?" he asked.

"Well...what do you have?" I replied, walking over towards him.

"Well...I have the "Halloween" movies, Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13th..."

"Friday the 13th is always good." I laughed.

"Yeah any camp killing psycho is fine with me."

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch. He put the movie in and shut off the lights. He then sat down next to me and pressed play on the remote.

As the movie began, I made myself comfortable by leaning my head back on the head rest. Mikey took off his shoes and leaned back as well. We sat like that until the part in the movie where the first victim gets killed. I must have jumped out of being scared so many times, it was kind of embarrassing.

"You alright?" asked Mikey.

"Yeah...fine..." I muttered.

He smiled and suddenly yawned and put his hand around me. I looked over at him and he smiled. I smiled back and looked back towards the TV.

"You sure you're alright?"

"Yeah...I haven't seen this movie in a while so..."

"We don't have to watch--"

"No...I'm okay..seriously." I said looking at him.

He looked at me and nodded. I nodded and yawned, when I felt his hand pull me closer towards him. I looked up at him, when he loosened his grip. I shivered slightly and moved closer towards him.

"It's cold..." I said, putting my hands on my lap.

"Yeah..." he replied, pulling me closer.

I yawned again and wiped my eyes.

"Hey..." Mikey whispered.

"What?"

"Put your head on my shoulder..."

"Why?" I questioned.

"You'll feel better..."

I tilted my head and placed it onto his shoulder. He then gently placed his head on top of mine and I placed my hands onto his leg. He smiled and took my hand. I looked down at our hands when he started to massage mine. I looked up at him and he looked at me.

"You really do have beautiful eyes..."

"Thanks..." I blushed lightly.

He then lifted my head, so that we could look better into each other's eyes. I broke our gaze by looking the other way.

"Why are you nervous?"

"I've just never been so close to a guy that I've just met before."

He sighed and nodded lightly. I looked back up at him.

"But there's something about you...that makes me feel like I've known you for a long time."

"Really? And what type of something...would that be?"

"I'm not quite sure yet..." I replied.

"What is this?" roared two voices.

Both Mikey and I jumped up and saw the light turn on. Standing in the doorway was both Gerard and Frank. Frank looked liked he was about to explode and Gerard looked like he was too confused for words.

"Why is my sixteen year old baby sister with a newly twenty-one year old in a dark room, watching a Halloween movie?"

"Frankie! Don't Freak!"

"I just simply asked a question..."

I rolled my eye and stood up. Mikey didn't know whether to stand or not.

"Mikey...I need to talk to you...alone." said Gerard.

Mikey then stood up and walked into the other room, with his head down. I looked at Frank who exhaled sharply and shook his head.

"Kate...."

"You know what...no! I'm not talking!" I said angrily.

"Kate...please..."

I got up and walked towards the front door. I walked out to the front steps and sat. I began to cry when I heard the door open behind me. I stood up and started to walk away.

"I'm not talking!"

"You don't have to..."

I looked up to see Mikey standing on the steps. His face tense, but his eyes at ease. I looked down, when he walked down and over towards me. I felt his warm hands embrace themselves around me. I began to cry into his chest, when I felt his hand stroke the back of my head.

"It's okay...It's okay...I got you.." he whispered.

I looked up at him with tears rolling down my face.

"I've got you...I promise." he smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment