Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Turn That Frown Upside Down

Tina pulled into the driveway of the apartment. I slowly got out and walked into the building.

"You want anything to drink?" asked Tina.

"Nah...I'm good." I replied, sitting at the counter.

She nodded and sat down next to me. I sighed and opened my cell. There was a text from Mikey and one from Frank. I opened Frank's first, which read:

Hey Sis,

Just checkin' in. Call or text me when you get a chance. - Frank


I sighed and opened my other text from Mikey.

Hey baby,

How are you feeling? Since you left, I've been worried about you. Please text back when you feel better. <3 Mikey


I got up and sat on the couch as Tin went to go change. I began to text back Frank.

Hey bro,

What's going on? Momma Way is in the Hospital. So Mikey, Gee, and Handsome Don are there. Tina and I are in Gee's apartment. You know how I am with Hospitals. Anyways, just wanted to get back to you.


"Hey Kate!" yelled Tina.

"What?" I responded.

"Come here!" she shouted.

I got up and went into the other room. Tina was sitting on the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"Look what I found..."

I walked over to the bedside table and looked into the drawer. There was a small black velvet case. I reached in and pulled it out.

"Is that..." whispered Tina.

I opened it towards me to reveal a diamond ring. Tina went to grab to see it, but I closed the box.

"Let me see!"

"No...Gee wouldn't want you to."

She sighed angrily and walked out of the room. I put the box back into the drawer and walked out of the room.

"I'm going to take a walk..." she stated.

"Okay..."

She got up and walked out the door. I took this opportunity to reply back to Mikey's text.

Hey,

I'm doing okay. Though Tina just walked out to take a walk. She seems....upset. Anyways, I'm gonna go cheer her up. Love you...


I closed my cell and walked put to the front lawn. Tina was walking along the sidewalk while smoking a cigarette. I sat on the stairs when she looked at me.

"You know...cigarettes are bad for your hygiene."

"I'm stressed!"

"It's still gross..."

She gave me a glare and threw the cig to the ground to put it out. I sighed as she just stood there. A car pulled into the driveway, when Mikey got out of the passenger side. I stood up as he ran over. Gerard got out of the car and went to Tina.

"Hey..." I smiled, as he kissed me.

"Hey..."

I looked at him and he sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Momma Way...is going to stay in the Hospital."

"Why?"

"They found a tumor and they think it might be cancerous."

I covered my mouth with my hand. Mikey looked down.

"Oh...I'm so sorry!" yelled Tina.

I looked over and saw them hugging. Mikey sighed and I went over to wrap my arms around him. He held onto me.

"Thanks..." he whispered.

I smiled and kissed his neck. I took his hand and walked over to Gee and Tina.

"I need some rest..." muttered Gerard.

He walked by me and into the house. Tina looked down and followed him slowly after. Mikey glanced at me.

"Kate..."

"Hmm?" I replied, looking up.

"Why was Tina upset?"

"Uh..."

He looked at me with curious eyes. I tried hard not to look at them. He moved closer to me and I gave in.

"We found a diamond ring in Gerard's bedside table." I confessed.

"Did Tina see it?"

I shook my head and he sighed.

"I didn't let her, so she's pissed at me."

He nodded and held me close.

"Tomorrow was the day he was going to ask her, but with Momma Way in the Hospital...."

I looked up at him. He smiled weakly and shook his head.

"Let's go inside...." he whispered.

I nodded as he took me by the hand and brought me into the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment