Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Secret Crush...

Walking into the Way household was like walking into my house. It was a very similar layout. We all walked into the living room, when Gerard hooked up the game system. Frank sat on the floor, while Ray and Matt sat on one of the couches.

"Come on...what's wrong with this thing?" complained Gerard.

Mikey shook his head and turned towards me.

"Here...you can sit here..." he said pointing to the other couch.

I nodded and sat down. He sat down next to me when Gerard got the system to work.

"Finally..." he sighed, handing Frank the other controller.

Ray started to read his comic book, while Matt watched the game being played. Mikey looked over at me as I just sat and watched the guys playing the game.

"Dinner is almost ready..." said Mrs. Way.

We all nodded and Gerard and Frank continued to play their game. Ray and Matt just stayed on the couch. Mikey got up to see how the dinner was going. I wanted to see how it was going as well. I walked into the kitchen to see Mikey getting plates and silverware together.

"Can I help with anything?" I asked politely.

Mikey looked up at me. Mrs. Way turned towards me as well.

"Oh...there is no need for you to do anything...you're a guest, my dear." she smiled.

"Oh...okay..." I said, turning around.

"Unless...would you like to make the salad?"

I automatically turned around and smiled.

"Sure...I can do that. What kind of salad? Garden? Ceaser?"

"Just a Garden one, please."

I nodded and began to chop the tomatoes.

"Hey...what's going on in here?"

I looked over to see Frank.

"She's helping with the dinner..." replied Mrs. Way.

"Ah..." sad Frank looking over at me.

I shook my head and continued to chop. Mikey then came next to me and began to peel the cucumbers. Frank shook his head and walked back into the living room.

"Oh...now look at you two...cutting and peeling vegetables and fruits together..." mocked Gerard.

Mikey and I both looked over towards him.

"Now Gerard...there's no need for your nonsense." tsked Mrs. Way.

Gerard just shrugged and laughed. Mikey just sighed and continued to peel.

"They make a wonderful salad making team..." smiled Mrs. Way.

Gerard rolled his eyes and walked into the other room. Mrs. Way then walked out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. I finished cutting the tomatoes when Mikey randomly stopped peeling.

"I'm so sick of being picked on..." he muttered.

"I know the feeling..." I replied.

He looked at me, when I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing...just...your similar to Frank in some ways, but completely different in other ways."

I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"I've heard that before." I smiled, adding the tomatoes to the bowl.

He looked at me and smiled when Mrs. Way walked back into the kitchen.

"Okay...is the salad ready?" she asked.

Mikey added the cucumbers and nodded.

"Very well...BOYS DINNER!!!" she hollered.

All four of the guys walked into the kitchen and made themselves a plate to bring back into the living room. Mrs. Way sighed and went into her bedroom to get some cigarettes. The guys all got their plates and walked into the living room, except for Mikey and I. We made our plates last. I looked at him, when he gestured for me to get my plate first.

"Thanks...." I smiled.

He nodded and watched me get my plate. After I got my plate together I sat at the table in the kitchen and Mikey decided to do the same.

"So...how are you feeling?" he asked me.

"I'm okay...better actually then back home..."

He nodded and took a bite from his plate. I smiled and took a sip of my cocoa that I made.

"You don't drink coffee?"

"Nah...I'm not a huge fan..." I replied.

"Yeah...I think I'm addicted to it or something." he laughed uneasily.

I smiled and laughed lightly. He looked at me for a moment, when I looked up from my plate towards him.

"You know...you have really beautiful eyes...." he stated.

"Um...thanks?" I said, unsure.

"You do..." he smiled.

I blushed lightly and looked back down at my plate.

"Hey do you like Halloween type movies?" he questioned me.

"Yeah....I like them....why?"

"Well...knowing the guys, they'll probably go down into the basement to hang later, when my parents go to bed. If you want...I'm gonna be watching a movie later, if you want to join."

I looked at him for a second before I answered.

"Uh...sure...as long as it has vampires in it of some sort."

"I think I can make that arrangement." he smiled.

I smiled back and we both finished the food off our plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment