Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Power Of Love

*Fast forward - CD release - October 2006*

Waking up towards the window of your hotel room, really doesn't feel as great as you would expect. The bright, gleaming light awoke me from my deep, entrancing slumber. The soft, touch of warm hands embracing my body with passionate repetition upon my neck.

"Morning..." I mumbled.

"Morning to you too..."

I turned around to view the intoxicating eyes of my significant lover. I lowered my head into his chest for warmth and protection. He pulled me closer, while massaging my sides.

"It's a big day for you guys today..." I whispered.

"Mhmm...." he replied lightly.

I glanced up towards him as he looked down. I smiled lightly, when the alarm went off.

"Uhgggg!" groaned Mikey.

I sighed and watched as he turned the other way to shut it off. He turned back and yawned.

"We need to get up...." I whispered.

"C'mon...5 more minutes..." he whined.

"Mike...you need to get into the shower first..."

"Fine..." he whined.

He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes over the side of the bed. I sat up as well, but held the covers around me to stay warm. Mikey bent over and put his head into his hands.

"You alright?" I asked leaning over him.

I placed my arms around him as he looked up.

"Yeah...I'll be alright." he sighed.

I placed my head onto his back and kissed him.

"I'm just nervous that's all."

I looked up and nodded. I began to rub his back, when there was a knock at the door.

"Hey...you guys up?" came Ray's voice.

"Yeah...we're up." I called back.

"Alright, we're leaving in about 2 hours."

"Okay..." replied Mikey.

The sound of footsteps retreating faded away. Mikey sighed and stretched.

"Might as well get ready..." he yawned.

I nodded and watched him stand up to walk over to his suitcase. He took out a pair of skinnys and his Journey's shirt. I laid back and put the covers over my head.

"Kate! C'mon!" he laughed, tackling me and pulling off the covers.

"MIKEY!" I screamed.

He laughed as I sat up. I gave him a 'don't you dare' look as he smirked. He then laid me down and kissed my neck. I laughed and wrapped my arms around him. He continued to kiss my neck, when his cell went off.

"God damn it!" he yelled and got up to open it.

"Who is it?" I asked, getting up as well and going over to my suitcase.

"Text from Gee..."

I sighed and grabbed myself a pair of skinnys and a bra. Mikey sighed and looked over at me. I looked up towards him.

"What? What did he say?"

"To hurry up and stop having sex."

"Right..." I chuckled a little.

"You want one of my shirts to quicken up the pace?"

"Sure..."

He handed me his "New London Fire" shirt and walked into the bathroom.

*20 minutes later*

"Finally! About time you 2 showed up!" complained Bob.

"Shut up! We're here aren't we?" Mikey replied.

"C'mon lets get into the van." stated Gerard.

We all nodded and walked out to the van. We piled into it. Ray and Gerard in the front. Bob and Frank in the middle. Mikey and I in the back. We were on our way to the release party. As soon as we arrived, family, friends and contest winners were waiting inside. Walking into the building gave us all a sense of accomplishment.

"Well this is exciting..." stated Frank.

"C'mon..." sighed Gerard.

They all walked by and started giving people hugs and autographs. Mikey put his hands around my waist. I looked up at him.

"You should go..." I whispered.

"Only if you come with me."

I nodded and followed him through the crowd.

"Mikey!" yelled a woman's voice.

We both turned to see a petite woman with a giant Blonde hairdo making her way through the crowd. Mikey sighed and went over to help her. I looked over at the two of them when I realized that the woman was Mrs. Way.

"Momma Way!" I smiled, hugging her.

"How are you dear?"

"Never better...you?"

"Strong as a horse."

I nodded when Gerard walked over with Christina.

"Momma!" he yelled.

"Oh my little Gerard!" she squealed.

They gave each other a hug when Gerard turned back towards us.

"Mike...Handsome Don is looking for you. He uh...wants to meet little Ms. Iero over here."

Mikey looked over at me and I shrugged. He took my hand and I followed him over to the side of the room, where a tall man with white hair stood. He had his arms crossed. Now I've met Handsome Don before....5 years ago after the 9/11 attacks in New York. He and Momma Way were still married at the time, but shortly after the passing of Granny Elena, they filed for divorce. Don and I had never been close, but to have some sort of relationship with him was for the sake of Mikey.

"Hey! There's my youngest son!" He greeted.

"Hey, Handsome Don." smiled Mikey.

He smiled and glanced over at me.

"This young beautiful woman can't be Kate, can it?"

"Hi Handsome Don." I smiled, putting my hand out for a handshake.

"A handshake? Is that how my SHOULD BE daughter-in-law greets me?"

"Uh...well...I..."

"I'm kidding! I don't car how you greet me, but if you're still with my son after 5 years with no rock on your precious finger....Mikey, you need to get on that." he nudged Mikey.

I laughed lightly and smiled. Mikey on the other hand turned a light shade of red.

"Anyways. I'll let you 2 lovebirds get back to the party."

"It was nice to see you again." I smiled.

"Nice to see you again too, Kate."

I nodded and began to walk away when I realized that Mikey was still talking to Handsome Don. I looked back and he gave me a 'one minute' signal.

"Kate!"

I looked over and saw Frank standing with Maia. I walked over to realize that my dad and grandpa were standing there as well.

"Dad!" I yelled, running over to him.

"There's my baby girl!"

I gave him a hug, followed by my grandpa. Frank smiled at the sight.

"So...where's your man?" my dad questioned.

"Uh...talking to his dad actually."

"Ah...I see..."

"Hey, sorry about that. You know how Handsome Don is." said Mikey.

"Yeah..." I replied quietly.

"Handsome Don?" asked my dad.

"Oh...Mikey's dad. Um Dad...Mikey....Mikey....my Dad."

"Call me Frank." replied my dad shaking his hand.

Mikey smiled and shook it. I shook my head, but smiled.

"Alright. I'm going to go talk to some of the other parents."

We all nodded as Frank and Maia walked over to talk with Ray and Krista. Mikey wrapped his arms around me as we walked outside. Leaving the claustrophobic building into the cool breezy outdoors, really felt good.

"You alright?" Mikey asked.

"Uh...yeah?" I hesitated.

He looked at me and leaned against the brick wall of the building. I knew he didn't believe me an I sighed. He looked away and looked towards the ground.

"Mikey..." I whispered.

"What?" he replied looking at me.

"About our relationship..."

"Kate if you're seriously taking what Handsome Don said into...."

"Well...a little. That's not it fully."

"What's the other part?"

"Well I got the opportunity to lead something."

"Lead?"

"Sing...do vocals for a band."

He looked at me shocked. I took a deep breath.

"With who?"

"Lou Toro and a couple of his buds...Chris and James Hunter."

Ray's older brother?"

"Yeah and we've been collaborating for our first record, over the phone. So for the first month of you guys touring...starting next week...I'll be in the studio."

He sighed and nodded. I could tell that he was disappointed, but I needed to tell him.

"I'll be back for New Years at least. You guys are still playing NYC, right?"

"As far as I know."

"I'll see you guys that night. I'll be there for the performance."

He nodded and looked to the ground. I walked over to him and stood in front of him. He glanced up and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned into him with my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat. He kissed my head and I smiled for the rest of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment